R. Todd Stephens, Ph.D.
11405 Big Canoe
Thirty eight years of experience in Architectural Design, System/Department Leadership, Collaboration Technologies and Business Integration provides a unique opportunity to bring in one with the technical expertise and the business knowledge that is needed by today's information technology professional. Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner, yet flexible to multitask when necessary. Customer focused with diverse industry experience including telecommunications, retail, manufacturing, and software development.
Thirty plus years of Information Systems experience, qualified by extensive senior level experience in:
- Human Computer Interaction
- Architecture Roadmaps
- Marketing IT Strategy
- Enterprise Metadata Architecture
- Data Architecture
- Cloud Computing Technology
- Collaboration Strategy
- Information Visualization
- Advanced Presentation Skills
- Organization Leadership
- Human Capital Development
- Internet / Intranet Development
Senior Technical Architect
Lead System Analyst
Senior Systems Technologist
Assistant MIS Manager
Senior Programmer Analyst
Senior Programmer Analyst
Assistant Vice President
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Knowledge Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- Data / Information Architecture
- Technical Architecture
- Web Design and Usability
- Video Technologies
- Taxonomy Development
- Bootstrap, Angular, React
- Sharepoint Designer
- Social Media Applications
- Adobe Products
- MS Office Products
- MS Sharepoint
- Visual Studio
Golf (Former NCAA), Financial Planning, Hiking, Web Development
Communications and Design
Initiated a communication strategy for an Enterprise Cloud Computing program which included the cloud service catalog, cloud communications portal, and a social media campaign. Additionally, I managed a virtual team of content providers for education material which also included a monthly newsletter, metric dashboards and training.
Results: The cloud program has taken off with over 100,000 visit to the portal and over 800 members to the social community. The communications and marketing has contributed hugely to the success of the overall program.
Architected and Designed the “Enterprise Metadata Strategy” solution for BellSouth. Strategy not only focused on the database assets but the entire architecture portfolio: patterns, frameworks, schemas, components, web services, documents, open source, etc. This effort established BellSouth as the standard for Asset Lifecycle Management in the industry as well as defining the foundation to move to the next level of maturity.
Results: The entire asset base has cataloged which enables numerous programs around governance, reuse, and new architectures (Extensible). The asset collection totaled over 167,000 built for reuse and enabling SOA architectures
Additional Enterprise Architecture Efforts
- Establishment of an Enterprise Data Architecture
- Establishment of an Enterprise Extensible Architecture
- Automation and End-to-End Procurement of the Standard Operating Environment (SOE)
- Establishment of a Corporate Governance Process for Reusable Assets
Collaboration and Online Services
Our organization was approached to enable the information worker portfolio of tools to the BellSouth/AT&T communities. Our approach was to focus on the customer and develop services and solutions to match the product offering of the architecture community.
Results: Collaborative environments went from 200 to 4,500 in 20 months. Within a few years, we had enabled over 80,000 collaborative environments as well as deployed the enterprise social software. Both the business and technology communities embraced the technology and transformed it into real business value.
Designed and Implemented an online ordering system that redesigned internal ordering, cataloging, order management, and financial integration. The system processed $21 million dollars’ worth orders in the first 12 months.
Results: The systems had a positive ROI in the first 6 months; eventually saving the organization $3 million a year in cost savings. When Hurricane Katrina hit, the system was able to process the infrastructure orders in weeks instead of four months; enabling the complete replacement of infrastructure within a month. The application is now moving to extend the enterprise architecture into the fourth level of maturity by automating the end to end processing of products, standards, and configuration management
- Twenty-Six Issued United States Patents
- Over 150 professional and academic publications within Information Technology
- Selected as one of top four “Best Practices” Metadata implementations in 2002 and 2003
- Authored Book: Trademark 2.0 (Top 1% on Amazon, June 2007)
- Co-Author on Eleven Academic Books on SOA, Open Source, Web 2.0, Collaboration, and Knowledge Mgt.
- Adjunct Professor at LaGrange College (2004-2005)
- Track Chair for several Academic Conferences and Editorial Board for Business Journal
- MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, MCTS: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Nano-Degree Certifications: Front-End Web Development, Senior Web Developer
- Awards: CIO Award, Patent Awards, IT Wall of Stars, Trail Blazer Innovation Award